When forgot your Windows Server 2008 R2 password having no reset disk but you have an available indows Server 2008 R2 setup disk (installation disk), that’s great. Jut boot your computer from this disk to reset your Windows 8 password.
1. Insert Windows Server 2008 R2 setup disc or flash drive into your computer, then boot from the installation disk.
2. After your computer boots up. Click or tap Next on the Install Windows window.
3. Click or tap Repair your computer.
4. In the System Recovery Options, select the Operating System to repair and click “Next“.
5. Open the Command Prompt.
6. At the command prompt, type the following commands:
MOVE C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe.bak
7. Next you will need to copy cmd.exe and rename it Utilman.exe:
COPY C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
8. Now close the command prompt dialog, reboot the Windows Server 2008 R2 system and allowing Windows to load as normal. When you are at the Logon screen, you need click on the “Ease of access” icon.
9. At the command prompt, enter the following command: “net user administrator *“.
When you click “Enter” key, it will prompt you to enter the New Password you want, after that, please confirm it.
10. Reboot your computer from the installation Setup disk again and similarly open Command Prompt. (Repeat the steps from 1-5) and execute the command COPY C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe.bak C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
Now everything is ok, exit the Windows 2008 R2 setup disk and restart your computer. You can log on with your new password.