- If there is no USB device acknowledgement of new device found for WD USB Drive. The drive does not show in the device manager or through My Computer.
- You already tried downloading a driver from WD, but it did not install. You tried several more times with the same result.
- You tried after changing the USB cable with no result.
Then you should try this method. Hope this should work.
- Click on Start –> Run —> type diskmgmt.msc and click on OK
- Right-click on WD Passport Drive –> Select Change Drive Letter and Paths…
- Click on Add button —> Select your drive letter and click on OK
- Note: If the drive letter is already assigned, then try changing the drive letter by clicking on the Change button instead of Add button in the above step
- If the problem still persists:
- Click on Start –> Run –> type regedt32 and click on OK
- Registry Editor will be opened
- First backup your registry by going to File –> Export
- Then expand the following key:
- If you see any upper-filter or lowerf-ilters entries at the right side, simply delete them.
- Close the registry and restart your PC.
Hope, it will work!